The Parochial Temple of Santa María, that in the S. XVIII was under the invocation of the Virgin of the Rosary, was constructed between 1718 and 1728 under the direction of the Masters Juan Lopez de Robles and Alfonso Gutiérrez, with plant of Latin cross; It is covered with vaults and slender cannon dome at the intersection of the cruise.

The decoration of baroque stuccoes stands out above all in pendentives, dome and keys. During the second half of the 18th century, several private chapels were added, which considerably enlarged the temple floor and probably its main façade was worked on, in which the manor coat of arms was displaced and mutilated. From that time some of the baroque altarpieces that adorned the altars of its chapels are preserved.

Address & Contact

Our Address

Plaza Mayor. Albox-Almeria